These banana chocolate chip peanut butter cookies are simple to make and feature healthy ingredients.
But before we get into that, you should know one thing: I’m going to be honest with you. I’m not much of a baker.
Probably not the words you wanted to read before checking out my cookie recipe.. but if there’s one thing that can be said about me it’s that I keep it real.
But, I do like to experiment in the kitchen, and I also hate to let things go to waste.
So, that’s where these cookies were born.
We had a bushel of bananas on the kitchen counter that were a few days past their prime.
Now, I could have peeled them, thrown them in baggies, and tossed in the fridge for smoothies at a later date.
Or, I could try something different.
So something different is what I did.
Now, truth be told.. I have to let you know that these cookies definitely are a little heavy on the banana-flavor. So, maybe adjust your servings and only use two ripe bananas vs. three, OR add in 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the ingredients.
I was planning on it, until I realized we were out of vanilla extract and I’m sorry but three trips to the grocery store in one day are three trips too many. So without the VE I made them.
It’s also probably pertinent to mention I’m not much of a measurer. I’m more of a “throw that in there” kind of girl.
So.. I’ll do my best to guesstimate the amounts I used, but keep in mind you can be a little free with your baking style here.
Banana Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 2 tbs Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 scoop Protein Powder I used vegan Bowmar Nutrition PB flavor
- 1/2 cup Semi Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips I used Enjoy Life Vegan Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt I didn't measure, just added a pinch
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray liberally with cooking spray
- Mash bananas in a bowl
- Add in egg and honey and mix well
- Stir in dry ingredients
- Add in your PB (I melted first in the microwave to help it all mix better)
- Add in your chocolate chips last
- With a spoon, scoop out your cookies and set on your pan, about 2 inches apart
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes
- Store in fridge
Remember… if you want to go lighter on the banana flavor maybe only use two instead of three, and try adding in 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
But, if you love the taste of bananas, leave as is. Either way, this is a healthier version of a sweet treat when your sweet tooth starts acting up.
In your cookie era? Check out my favorite cake batter cookies.
Pin this for later…